Welcome to Thinking FinTech. I am a strategist, investor, and business leader through my roles at Bloomberg and as part of the angel community. My background is in developing corporate strategy and helping incubate new businesses, both organically and through acquisition or partnership. Prior to my current role at Bloomberg, I lead several investments and acquisitions, and played a key role in helping launch Bloomberg’s corporate treasury business.
My career prior to Bloomberg was in investment banking at Credit Suisse, where I executed acquisitions, IPOs and capital transactions on behalf of technology companies.
Who this site is for
This blog is for investors and entrepreneurs in financial technology.
I spend a lot of time reading and thinking about fintech, so decided to start gathering the most important news, analysis and views into a blog. A lot of the content here is from other people, but I hope to have picked up on the most insightful pieces. I also share some of my own ideas about trends and future opportunities.
If you’re just launching a startup, I’ve gathered resources on everything from strategy and development to legal and financing.
A bit about me
I don’t really like bio’s, so here are some interesting facts about me.
- I’m a Canadian who doesn’t play hockey.
- I’m a ninja in excel and finding cool tools online.
- My undergrad degree was in philosophy and political science, though I wound up with an MBA on wall street.
- To learn about development, I started http://www.beyondthepier.com.
- I have allergies to cats, dogs and horses.
- I’ve lived in NYC for 12 years, and have managed to move apartments only once.
- I’m a fitness nut, though I enjoy eating dark chocolate.
- I’m a certified scuba divemaster and have done a hundred or so dives.
- I love to kitesurf and the way it clears my mind.
- I’m intellectually curious and like breaking down and solving complex business problems.
Please have a look around at the content and resources on the site. I’d love for you to subscribe and hear what you think. Comments, feedback and debate are always welcome.
Connect with me on LinkedIn